Thursday, April 30, 2015

Gotta Kill Some Characters

I'm Sorry...

But they have to go.



It took me a while to come to terms with that.  Two years, actually. If you are a reader of The Wolves, you might know the characters I am talking about.  

I write fiction, I know.  But as a reader, I know that the best fiction is the one that mirrors real life.  I'm not talking about werewolves, fairies, or monsters. I'm talking about the tragedies; the character building and demolishing that life delivers.  Some stuff we can't get recover from - not completely. We simply find a new way to walk through our lives.  

Other tragedies and heartbreak are necessary.  I think that women - and people in general - have a way of filling their hearts and minds with bullsh!t to make a relationship work.  Could be a work relationship, a romantic one, or a familial one.  I know that I've had a breakdown or two over doomed relationships.  I think that our minds and our hearts reach a breaking point, and we break down.  It is good, I believe. It gives us a chance to rebuild.  We can get rid of the bad stuff and keep the good stuff and move on.

Enough of my philosophical stuff.  Some characters you know will pass.  Some characters that you don't know of - yet - will pass, too.  

Hope you enjoy what's to come!


Cyndia Rios-Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment