Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Story Waiting to Be Told

Arthurian Drama:

Wanting to Publish it, But Still Licking My Wounds

A few months ago, I pitched an Arthurian Women's Fiction/Romance novel to five separate literary agents.  I didn't hear back from one of them, and then other four said no.  

The hard ones were the rejections that had words such as "talented" and "intrigued," along with "not for me."  

Rejection always sucks.  It doesn't matter how many times you get turned down.  It is a good novel with a strong heroine, though.  I hope to get it published sometime.

On my computer sits other novels; other stories that are waiting to be told. The sequel to The End of Thunder and Lightning: Alanna's Fall sits in a writing folder, waiting to be published, too.  

Also sitting on my computer and about...75% completed is Jennifer Bauer.  The truth is that I don't know when I will publish that.  

Another untold and complete story is a romance/women's fiction story about a woman who falls in love with the bad guy for all the right reasons.  Does she stay with the guy?  Does he change his ways?  I might publish that one sometime.

The one that's driving me is a detective series of books that I will start writing.  In June.  I can't wait for that.  

I'll have to jump into the painful business that is pitching queries, and very soon.  I'll keep you all posted!


Cyndia Rios-Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment