Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Conflicting Information

Hi folks!

I hope that you are all doing well.  SpouseBuzz (A Military.com website) gave me the awesome opportunity to blog for them.  Here is the link to that:

Reserved for Rank: Can Spouses Park in "Special" Spots?

It is a fun piece about parking that involves real research, an argument with my husband, and the promise to make him walk far the next time we go to Target (and I'm driving).

Still, I understand that it conflicts with this piece that I wrote for Military Spouse Magazine:

Respecting the Uniform

I will go on ahead and will highlight the conflict between both of my pieces.  Wives need to behave better, because service members (and other spouses) are not very forgiving when it comes to our lapses in judgement, and our loose tongues.  That is my "argument" for the Military Spouse Article.

For the SpouseBuzz article, I flirt with the idea of parking in a parking spot that is meant for my husband.  (IMPORTANT side note: My husband is not entitled to a special parking spot).  Personally, I am a-okay if a Captain's wife wants to park in an O-6 and above spot to buy groceries.  I'm not envious at all.  I don't think that she thinks that she is better than me if she parks there.  Actually, I don't care what she thinks.  Good for her for getting a good parking spot.  Lord knows that she'll have to contend with long lines once she gets to the cash registers.

Do other people disapprove of spouses parking in spots meant for active duty folks?  Yes.  They are entitled to their opinion.  Would I park in a spot meant for my husband (if I was entitled to do so)?  You have to read the article to find out.

Still, if you have a problem with either one of my stances, feel free to drop me a line.

Cyndia Rios-Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment